Law Offices of Stuart J. Reich, PLLC

Practice Limited to Immigration & Nationality Law

11 Broadway, Suite 615
New York, NY 10004

(212) 430-6582 phone
(212) 430-6583 facsimile

Does a Change in H-1B Employer Require a New Visa Stamp?

Q: I changed employers and the new employer filed an amendment to my H-1B. Do I need to have the visa stamp in my passport amended?

A: Not as long as the current H-1B stamp remains valid. You may simply use the old stamp along with your current-employer I-797 Approval Notice to enter the U.S. (we recommend bringing a recent pay statement from your current employer as well).

The H-1B stamp will need to be replaced only if traveling abroad after the old stamp has expired, though if travelling near the time of expiration obtaining the stamp during that trip may be advisable.

Contact us here to arrange a consultation, to inquire about retaining us to handle your immigration matter, or simply to suggest topics you would like to see covered on our site.

The above is presented for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship with our firm. The information provided should not be used as guidance in pursuing an immigration matter absent consultation with a qualified immigration attorney.